Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Graduation

The Merriam-Websters dictionary defines graduation as "the award or acceptance of an academic degree or diploma." Most people would agree with this definition. But when do any of us really sit down and think about everything that entails with graduation? The hard work and dedication it took to accomplish the task. The job opportunities that come with it or should we continue on with university? What about the friendships that are made along the way?

With the closing of my last exam week approaching I stopped to think about just that. The relationships of those around me. I know that with some of you I may never run into again. I wish you all, all the best with your future endeavours. I want to thank you for being there with me through the ride.

There are those of you who I have grown with. We laughed together, We bitched about B_____ together, celebrated with each other and a few have even cried together.

During the last three years we have shared memories of relationships,homework woes heartaches and children. We look towards the future with light in our hearts. Knowing the road we paved today will make for a smoother ride tomorrow. I'm honoured to have had this milestone accomplished with you. For some graduation may be a minuscule task. Its the obvious succession in life after high school. But for me it was more than just that.

I made a life for me and my daughter first and foremost. I accomplished what most said what I would fail at. Being a single mother, a sole support parent and I was to put myself through school???

I did just that. I set an example for my daughter, for myself and for others in my position. That if you truly believe in it(you) and you work hard anything is possible. With the birth of my son in 2009 and me about to enter my last year I knew that it would be no great feat to be successful in my last year.

In January I thought things where beginning to turn around. I was getting in the routine of kids,homework and sleep. My marks where holding their own. Shortly after the term started I endured the meltdown of my relationship and death of my grandmother all in the span of one month. Six weeks ago I was done with everything. I was ready to pack it up and forget about the last two years of my life.

But my friends and my family you helped me stay strong. What once used to seem so long ago has turned into where did time go? I am thankful for you, for your love and
your support. I couldn't have done it without you. I would like to say this to you...

"Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end."

Continue to be successful!!!!!
WHOOOO HOOOO!!!! We did it. Congrats graduating Business class of 2010:D

No comments:

Post a Comment